Kaylin :: Newborn Photography

IMG_3783

IMG_3732

IMG_3734

IMG_3789

IMG_3799

IMG_3803

Waiting 2 whole months to hold my newest niece was near tortuous. Watching from afar as everyone else met her, held her, kissed her just made my heart and arms ache for a chance to cuddle her tiny frame. I was shocked at how unreal it all felt, that her birth wouldn’t really sink in since I hadn’t yet met her. My mind, though bombarded with her newborn photos via Facebook and Instagram, refused to adjust to the reality that my sister wasn’t pregnant anymore and that she was a brand-new nursing mom.

So the first time my sister laid Kaylin in my arms, I felt, though in a small way, like Simeon holding the promised Christ, meeting the one who you knew of but had not yet met.

And my heart connected affection with the object, welcoming a new member into the realm of “loved one.”

I had a dreamy 7 days to cuddle, coo, rock, and snuggle with this fresh breeze of a newborn, and I’m still flying high from the sweetness of it all. I arrived right at her 2nd “monthiversary”; so of course I celebrated with my first ever newborn photo shoot. She’s a natural born model if you ask me.

I miss her already.

IMG_3718

IMG_3810

IMG_3724

IMG_3728

IMG_3729

IMG_3756

IMG_3761

IMG_3770
IMG_3776

IMG_3775

{Linking up to Pencilled Daydream}

Comments

1. Ashley Baker says:

Great pictures!She is adorable!!!!

• Susanna says:

Thanks girl! I was so blessed that they turned out. Now I get to have my own little captures of her when I’m aching to hold her.

2. Teresa says:

These are so pretty I love all of the detail you captured :0) Little ones are so precious specially when they are so close to you. I’m so glad you got a chance to spend some quality time with her!!

3. Hannah King says:

Beautiful photos, Susanna! You have captured beautifully her bright eyes and the beauty of a newborn – I love the neutral shades & textures of the fabrics too. I am sure your sister is grateful to you for your photography talents!

• Susanna says:

It was such a special and fun experiment! And yes, I am all about the neutral tones and textured fabrics. Thanks for noticing that detail girl. Does my heart good 😉

4. Tamara says:

Beautiful Photos Susanna! You are so talented!

5. noni says:

awe, what a sweet face! and I so much love your pictures, they were already stunning on instagram!beautiful!

6. Kasey says:

Susanna, your photos are absolutely gorgeous! You are such an awesome photographer! 🙂 Love seeing all the things you photograph. And what a beautiful little neice you have! I love her sweet name! I’ll have to remember it for when I have little ones 🙂

• Susanna says:

She is the most beautiful little baby! Thanks for the encouraging words! That’s a huge boost to my wannabe photographer’s spirit!

7. […] to the airport. I love that Aletheia has cousins on both sides of the family now. I pray her and Kaylin grow up to be the best of […]